Enrollment is now closed. Thanks to all who participated!
Up to 40% of postmenopausal women have symptoms of vulvar and vaginal atrophy (VVA). Female menopause is generally characterized by various signs and symptoms associated with the age-related decline in reproductive hormone levels. There are many indications associated with the reduction in circulating estrogen levels, one of the most common being atrophic changes in the vaginal mucosa. Despite the prevalence of this condition, only 20-25% of symptomatic women seek medical help . Vaginal atrophy is thinning, drying and inflammation of the vaginal walls due to a long-term and significant decline in circulating estrogen levels. Symptoms of VVA include vaginal dryness, burning, and irritation.
Low dose, topical estrogen therapy is considered most appropriate and convenient for the treatment of vaginal symptoms associated with menopause. We are studying an investigational form of the already FDA approved Imvexxy.
The study consists of 3 visits and a phone call during the 15+/- 2 days study. Compensation to $225.00
We are currently recruiting post-menopausal women with suffering with dyspareunia (painful intercourse from vaginal dryness or atrophy.
To be considered, you must be:
- a Female, aged 40-75 years inclusive who is postmenopausal.
- having signs/symptoms of Vaginal Atrophy
- suffering from moderate to severe symptom of vaginal pain associated with sexual activity.
- anticipating having sexual activity (with vaginal penetration) during the conduct of the study, and agree to at least one episode of sexual intercourse within study days 10-13.
- otherwise generally healthy.
*other inclusion criteria apply.
Contact us below to get started.